[mythtv-theming] Random fanart

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:49:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Eric Smith <erictsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have created ticket 9597 http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9597 with a
> patch to support random fanart, coverart, and banners.  It currently only
> supports the front end mythvideo directory settings.  At first glance, the
> ability to fetch a random file from a storage group did not seem obvious so
> I decided to stick with the old directory settings for now.  I will look
> further into that if the devs don't want to continue to support the old
> settings.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the effort on the patch-- I've added my comments to the ticket.
 In order to get committed, it's going to need to support storage groups
(and likely *only* storage groups is acceptable as we're likely to be SG
only by .25).  Also need support for all the artwork imagetypes, and to use
variables consistent with everywhere else in the frontend (ie, we never
refer to it as "bannerart").  Even after all of that is said and done, it
will also need a stamp of approval from Stuart Morgan as well as the code is
ultimately his.

Robert