[mythtv-theming] Random fanart

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:45:53 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Elkin Fricke <managementboy at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I am happy to attempt a patch if there is interest.  I was considering a
> few
> > different implementations but I think what Elkin proposed is simple and
> does
> > the job we're looking for.
> >

> I'd be willing to test your patch with my themes. I think it be nice
> to be able to use fanarts / banners / coverarts as random backdrops
> within menus etc.

I have created ticket 9597 http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9597 with a
patch to support random fanart, coverart, and banners.  It currently only
supports the front end mythvideo directory settings.  At first glance, the
ability to fetch a random file from a storage group did not seem obvious so
I decided to stick with the old directory settings for now.  I will look
further into that if the devs don't want to continue to support the old
settings.