[mythtv-theming] OSD for end of recording options

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 17:54:44 UTC 2010

I'm starting to look at how themes are done to attempt to create my
own, it seems very complicated, so I was hoping to simply start with
modifying my current favorite theme to "fix" the things that annoy me.
The big one is the dialog box that shows when a recording ends/you
stop playback.

I'm noticing with pretty much every new OSD for 0.24 that the OSD
window for the end of recordings dialog is not wide enough for the
text of the buttons.

At first I thought it was just an issue with the one theme I'm using,
so I thought I would look into how to modify this OSD. As I began to
read the Wiki and look over the theme files it began to look like
there is only one OSD message box definable by the new OSD theme
structure. To verify I switched to a few other themes and have been
able to verify this.

Is this really the case? does the new OSD UI structure not allow for
multiple OSD message box sizes? If I recall correctly, the old system
allowed for things like the overlay for the menu while watching videos
to look one way and the end-of-watching dialog box to be different, as
far as I can tell, now they have to be the same (or all the OSD for
the themes have not been modified to use different dialog boxes.

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!