[mythtv-theming] What did the old <color> numbers mean ?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 17:56:46 UTC 2010

On Saturday 20 Nov 2010 17:38:22 Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> I'm converting the old Retro-OSD theme, and the fonts have color defs like
>
> <color>200</color>
> <color>255</color>
> <color>128</color>
>
> What did a color of a single 0-255 number mean ?

They were 8-bit colours, probably '8bit Truecolour', so 3bits Red, 3bits
Green, 2bits Blue.

I'm not aware of a simple/accurate method to convert from 8bit to 32bit (24bit
Truecolour). You could try plugging the 8bit values into an application like
Gimp and see what the equivalent 32bit hex code is.

--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV