[mythtv-theming] Video Backgrounds

Elkin Fricke managementboy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 12:46:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:33 AM,  <dave at givemehelp.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm currently attempting to create my own theme,
>
> Is it possible to have video as a background like in these examples:
>
> http://www.dedoimedo.com/images/computers_new_2/xbmc-background.jpg
>
> http://www.zath.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/windows-7-media-center-menu-over-video.jpg
>
> I've been trailing through the wiki, list to find information on it and
> the only hint I can find is a task for 0.24:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5763
>
> Which seems to suggest that this may be possible in the future?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dave.

Hi Dave,

not that I know of. You could use an animation of several files, but I
have never tested if it works. I might do it tonight to see how it
looks.

from the Wiki, you could use these tags for a background image:

<!-- Animation attributes (used instead of filename or gradient)-->
    <filepattern low="0" high="30" cycle="reverse">imagefile%1.png</filepattern>
    <delay>500</delay>

cheers,

Elkin