[mythtv-theming] Blue-abstract update (Theme competition)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:04:57 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:17 AM,  <trebor_s at web.de> wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> A new theme version is out! I have replaced the status icons in the
> recording and news screens with better ones. The keyboard for entering text
> was also themed. The zoneminder screens are also ported thanks to Warpme.
>
> I still apply for the competition. The requirements should be met. You can
> download the theme at
> ftp://miroku.no-ip.com/blue-abstract-wide.2010.01.31.tar.bz2 or see some
> screenshots at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Blue_Abstract_Theme .
>
> Best regards
>
> Robert

Robert,

With due respect, I really cannot in good conscience accept your theme
for the competition.  Your buttons, checkboxes, textedits, etc. are
*all* resources which you have lifted from Graphite.  I think your
theme is excellent and appreciate your hard work, but one of the rules
of the competition, which have been available from the start, is that
the work must be 100% your own.  The other entries that I have looked
at so far all took the time to create their own imagery for their
themes, and it would be unfair to accept an entry where the theme
author did not need to do so.

Robert