[mythtv-theming] Arclight / Questions

John Boyle justbe.john at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 19:11:13 UTC 2010

Hi all,

With the potential of the net MythUI I'm a recent convert to MythTV and I
really like the direction themes like Arclight and Graphite are heading.
I've started reading up on theme development and would like to start making
my own modifications (a buttonlist widget for 'newest recordings and videos'
from main would be nice, but baby steps first!).

I have a couple comments/questions:

1. In base.xml there's a multiline attribute for textedit (line 1609). Based
on the documentation this is only used with the textarea section, correct?

2. I've noticed with a couple of the MythUI themes, including Arclight,
there's a bit of an issue editing playlists. If the playlist is already
active when I enter mythmusic I can edit the songs in the playlist. However,
if I select the playlist then go to edit it I get:

      Track, Error: putYourselfOnTheListView() called when my_widget already
exists.

Reading a bit and looking through the music-ui files it seems the mythmusic
port is in progress and the screens are a bit of a hodge-podge. In the
meantime, what could I do for a workaround?

3. Possibly a silly question, but is there a way to set a global percentage
for some attribute and have all attributes of that type reference it.
Specifically, it would be nice to be able to set a global transparency level
in % and have all the alpha attributes reference it as a multiplier of its
value.

Thanks!