[mythtv-theming] Watch Recording Buttons?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:39:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to add a row of buttons like in the linked example?
> http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/drawing.png
>
> Basically, I'd like to create a theme with a 3rd buttonlist on the
> watch recording screen.
> In the above example, with a show on the right selected, you could
> press right again and then you'd be able to select an info button, a
> menu button, and a related recordings button. They would open the info
> menu, the menu menu, and either jump to current series' group or pop
> up another screen showing only the recordings of the current series
> respectively.
>
> I was just wondering if this was even possible, before I attempted anything.
>
> Fred

Hi Fred,

Not in a theme alone, you'd need to write code to create more optional
buttons and to add whatever functionality you'd want to attach to
them.  It sounds somewhat like what Stuart has in mind for touchscreen
capability in MythUI, though, which is essentially a "touch OSD" that
can pop up on gesture/touch/whatever and add some context sensitive
buttons/a faux remote/whatever.

Robert