[mythtv-theming] Blue Abstract modifications

Per Lundberg perlun at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 22:10:44 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Neil,

> That would be great if you did!  The call sign / number spacing is
> definitely needed.  It used to cut off most the channel numbers but
> the patch fixed that right up.

Hey, that's great Neil - it's always nice to see that someone else has
found the stuff that you worked with useful. :-) Thanks!

There were some remaining issues with my patch (at least for me
locally, it looked a bit weird in the program guide; the vertical
rulers were not in the right place). These issues have been fixed, the
result is attached to this email (as a diff to the 2010.11.25 version
of the file; i.e. my previous changes are also included here).

There was also some issues with the OSD, but here I would need some
help from someone else I think... The default space for the clock (in
the upper right corner) is much too small for it to fit. I don't know
if the aspect ratio affects this somehow (some channels I watch are
4:3, whereas others are 16:9). I tried adding more space, but it
seemed like a huge amount of space is needed (like, 300 pixels more
than before...). Right now, the clock is displayed as "Sun 12 Dec,
0:06" (which is my short date format + time format). Perhaps
displaying the date is a bit overkill there, can it be tweaked
somehow?

If not, we can make the clock display significantly wider, but the
problem is that it tends to overlap the input source display (which I
see whenever I start live TV, I think that might be configurable) if
you make it 300 pixels bigger (and the time is still wrapped, so it's
more like 330 pixels or something like that is needful).
--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg