[mythtv-theming] A new theme on the way...

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:51:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:41 AM, MarcT<myrdhn at gmail.com> wrote:
> but having said that... if this theme is the one for me... $15 is
> nothing for a decent one :)
>
> Graphite is currently my theme of choice, but this one is going to top it.
> I said to Robert a few months ago that I doubt anyone would be able to top
> Graphite for a long while. Apparently, a long time is not so long anymore,
> especially when the designer of the new one is the same as the old one. And
> yes $15 is not going to deter me either.
>
> Rob, once you purchase the fonts do I have rights to install on any machine
> or just 1? For example, say I have 3 frontends I want to use them on, would
> that be $15 or $45?
>
> Marc

Marc,

I'm not sure of the license terms, as I wouldn't be the one selling
the fonts-- currently Arclight only uses Frutiger Light, though if I
find a really compelling reason I might add a second.  If I could do
what I wanted w/ free fonts, I would, but the quality just isn't
there.  As I get closer to releasing, I'll find a few options for
procuring the font and let people make their own choices.  I suspect
the licenses are "for personal use" rather than per-seat, so I think
you should be fine.

I hope people don't come away with the impression that choosing closed
fonts was a vindictive choice-- Frutiger was just the font that did
what I wanted to do, and did it most beautifully.

It's also worth noting that a *lot* of people already have a legally
obtained copy of Frutiger on a windows install.

Robert