[mythtv-theming] Playlists, and 0.22-compliant themes

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Oct 21 12:21:24 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> says:
> Added to Terra in:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22528

*Groan* I searched for 'playlist' in Trac, but missed this anyway.

> > Can we assume that all of the "Official" themes at
> > <URL:http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Themes> are now
> > 0.22-compliant?
>
> None of them [is].

I presume you meant to insert here ". . . except Graphite and Terra."

> All of the "legacy" themes are a menu only.

Right. I knew, before moving to trunk, that the non-updated themes
would "fall through" to the default pages; I'd expected them to all be
bare, themeless pages, though, not the still-attractive and themed
ones we get.

Let me reword my question in another way: What makes a theme
0.22-compliant? Metallurgy, for example, is surprisingly able to
display movie posters in MythVideo despite not having been updated to
use MythUI. It doesn't display background fan art, though (I haven't
tried this with other non-updated themes); is this so because it
hasn't been updated?

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array