[mythtv-theming] Terra theme and the programlist window

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri May 15 20:58:35 UTC 2009

Michael Rice wrote:
> On 5/15/09, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>
>> Michael Rice wrote:
>>  While it's a trivial matter to change ProgListerQt over to ProgLister
>>  it can't be done until the calling screens have also been converted to
>>  MythUI that's why there are two versions of that screen. For example you
>>  can't show the MythUI version of the ProgLister on top of the schedule
>>  editor screen because it is still a Qt window not a mythui screen.
>>

> Is there any big issue preventing the conversion of the schedule
> editor?  I'm willing to give it a try if no one is actively working on
> it.  I was able to make progress converting the tv osd menu editor
> patch to MythUI some months ago so if the effort was somewhere in that
> range I might have a chance.
>
> Mike

I believe Stuart is currently working on it. Even though the screen
looks easy to convert it's not so easy once you start looking at the
code to see how it's done now it's deeply entangled in the settings
stuff from what I can see. There's also lots of dialogs used by the
schedule editor that will all require converting and testing which can
take a _long_ time.

If you are looking for something to do I think the last major screen to
convert is the custom recording one. The one thing missing at the moment
is the multiline edit but it can be done with a single line one for now.
Bet you wished you never asked now :-)

Paul H.