[mythtv-theming] Future of UIBlackHoleType in 0.22

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:31:37 UTC 2009

Stuart:

I am hoping you can give me some guidance on how to best approach
solving this issue.  I may have overloaded you on information last
time around.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:48 PM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stuart:
>
> Thanks for the reply:
>
>> To give the best advice it might help if you can give a little more detail on
>> what you are trying to achieve. Where is this image coming from for example?

I've attached an image that shows three examples of the image I need
to display.  As you can see, the image arrives at least once each
second from the server as a bitmap and it's contents are dictated by
the status of the player and the song playing -- effectively the image
is never the same.  Since the information is time-critical, especially
when the display is showing menu information rather than song
information, I am concerned about latency issues with writing the
image first to disk.  I also wanted to add a equalizer display, which
would require direct writes to the screen both because of latency
issues and because the image would be generated on the fly.

Short of using the deprecated MythUIImage.SetImage( QPixmap ) method,
is there any other way to write directly to a widget?

George