[mythtv-theming] New Theme Release (Trunk/.22 only): Graphite

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Jul 26 09:30:10 UTC 2009

paul10 at planar.id.au wrote:
> Robert,

<snip>
> I know you said you weren't taking feedback yet, but I did see something
> that you might not notice if you don't use that feature.  On the TV Guide,
> you can press the / key to cycle through channel groups (took me ages to
> work out how to do that).  It puts the group name briefly in the field that
> normally shows the date, it goes away again after a couple seconds.  You've
> made the field exactly big enough for a date....and not big enough for a
> channel group, so it gets truncated.  Not requesting a fix or anything,
> just telling you something that I noticed, in case you cared and hadn't
> noticed it yourself.

<snip>
> Paul

Robert, Not sure it was ever documented but this is how the channel
group name is displayed. If you have room somewhere you can add a text
area called 'channelgroup' that will show the currently selected channel
group. If it doesn't exist the 'datetext' text area is briefly used to
show the channel group when it changes. The default-wide theme uses the
first method but the default one uses the second simply because there
isn't room for it.

Paul H.