[mythtv-theming] Textedit sizing

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 05:13:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Otto Kolsi <otto at kolsi.fi> wrote:

> While working on MythMusic CD rip screen alignments (#6607), I tried to
> make the textedit for year smaller. In music-ui.xml this is defined now like
> this:
>
> <textedit name="year" from="basetextedit">
>    <position>370,230</position>
> </textedit>
>
> I changed "position" element to "area" and tried different sizes but that
> didn't seem to work. What's the way to make the year edit in this case
> smaller? This should be fairly easy stuff, but I don't know much about
> theming or MythUI as you can see :)

To resize the textedit, you need to redefine the size of each element of
it.  See base.xml's definition of basetext.  You can still inherit from
basetextedit, but you'll need to also define the background area, etc.

Example using your naming, resized to random size of 100x25:

    <textedit name="year" from="basetextedit">
        <area>0,0,100,25</area>
        <statetype name="background">
            <state name="active">
                <imagetype name="background">