[mythtv-theming] coverfile vs screenshot

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:05:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Damian O'Sullivan<shabba at skynet.ie> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>
>> What you are looking to do is not possible at the moment.  In
>> Mythvideo, the button image is hard coded to the coverfile, and
>> moreover there's no way of treating different levels of a tree with
>> different formatting.  I'll eventually look at the former, the latter
>> would be changed in libmythui.
>
> By the latter you mean different formatting for the different levels? I had
> not even thought of something like that but it would be quite cool to be
> able to have gallery view for a certain folder and list or something else.
> Actually now that I think of it I think there was some talk of directory
> metadata a while back.

Not exactly what I meant, I meant that you cannot have different
textareas/imagetypes on different levels of the same tree, since the
tree is defined as a single MythUI widget.  Yes, I have a dream about
directory metadata and even have a proof of concept patch in trac, but
it's nothing that is near done.  I expect that it will be written
differently in the ultimate implementation and once that exists, I'll
work on adding folder metadata and settings in MythVideo.

Robert