[mythtv-theming] Theme to try for trunk?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 20:45:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert, would you share the theme you are currently working on and of
> which you've posted various screen captures?

Hi,

Welcome to the list-- It's just not *quite* where I'd like it to be
yet, but I'll see if I can make some acceptable progress on it in the
next few weeks and post a preview release.  I spent some time this
last weekend getting all the paths cleaned up and putting the XML in
order, now I need to go back through and gut the commented out bits,
and theme one or two more screens, and come up with a few backgrounds
that I can ship with it without violating anyone's photo rights.  The
MythVideo parts of the theme are also built around the
Subtitle/Season/Episode stuff which should hopefully be committed
soon, so that's another minor roadblock.  Hopefully all that stuff
will get resolved shortly and I can share a bit earlier than I
expected.  If there are particular techniques you'd like to know about
in advance of that, I'm happy to post the XML for anything you point
out (if anything, that will force me to clean it up faster).

The other thing that is mildly frustrating is that my theme makes
heavy use of negative coordinates to overlay the selected item over
the rest (see the MythVideo Gallery screenshots) but it only works
properly in the GL Painter.  The Qt painter is both incapable of some
of the eye candy and it clips the edges off of certain things.  I'm
hoping that will be resolved in time for .22, but it's a bit of a
gotcha right now.

Robert