[mythtv-theming] Theming tutorial

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:33:49 UTC 2009

Hello All (hope I'm no longer speaking to myself)

I've begun a tutorial on MythUI theming, which I've posted at the
wiki.  It's still missing a lot of formatting niceties, images, and
the example files (will upload later today), but the core information
is there.  Start by reading:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development

When you get to the "Tutorials" section, you can jump over to:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Theming_MythNews

For a guided tour.  Once again, I know it's quite rough, but this
should get most people started, and you should come out of it with a
pretty solid perspective on all the moving pieces in MythUI.  Note
that both pages (especially the MythUI Theme Development page) are
extremely rough starts, and not complete.  It's a lot to write down
and there are only so many hours in the day.  I'm hoping to get around
to documenting schedule-ui.xml and recordings-ui.xml sometime this
week, which should mean most of the MythUI'd screens will be
documented.

Robert