[Mythtv-soc] MythWeather-revamp: 7/21/06

Lucien D. ldunning at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 01:01:19 UTC 2006

This week I've been working with perl, so that means progress has been slow.
I've written 2 simple modules, one to retrieve data from the National Digital
Forecast Database (NDFD) using their SOAP service and one to search the list of
National Weather Service weather stations, either by station id, station name,
or latitude/longitude.  Both are based on the XML::Parser module and use the SAX
based processing.  I will commit these momentarily.  My next step is to write
some scripts to utilize these, first will probably be a daily forecast one, to
provide forecasts up to 7 days into the future (I think thats how far out the
NDFD goes).

-Lucien