[mythtv-firehose] mythtv/master commit: 819649ffd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard)

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Wed Oct 5 09:51:42 UTC 2011

      Author:  Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at mythtv.org>
 Change Date:  2011-10-05T00:16:28-07:00
   Push Date:  2011/10/05 02:51:17 -0700
  Repository:  mythtv
      Branch:  master
New Revision:  819649ffd2811fb1012beb62985225bf747c59e4
   Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/819649ffd

Log:

Handle multiple combinations of channels configurations.

- Refactor libsountouch to handle 6.1 -> 7.1 upmixing. Rewrite code to remove duplicates.
- Downmixer: treat 7 channels audio as 6.1 (3F3R.1). The new downmixer is slower but the code is far more readable and can handle any configuration changes through simply adding the proper downmix matrix
- Handle any speaker configurations and upmix/downmix to whatever is supported by the hardware
- Expand audio speaker test, it can now simulate 5.0 and 6.1 input. Set TestingChannels via a command line override.

Star Wars lovers rejoice, myth couldn't play 6.1 audio before, it will now be upmixed to 7.1 or downmixed to 5.1 appropriately.
We also properly handle DTS-ES Discrete. I believe Myth is the only media player properly handling that type of media without loosing channel information

These new capabilities mean that we can't encounter audio we wouldn't be able to play.

Modified:

   mythtv/libs/libmyth/audio/audiooutputbase.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmyth/audio/audiooutputdownmix.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmythfreesurround/freesurround.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmythfreesurround/freesurround.h
   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/audiogeneralsettings.cpp