[mythtv-firehose] mythtv/jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24 commit: 42eb4aca5 by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard)

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Thu Jun 16 15:00:43 UTC 2011

      Author:  Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at mythtv.org>
 Change Date:  2011-06-16T07:59:07-07:00
   Push Date:  2011/06/16 08:00:22 -0700
  Repository:  mythtv
      Branch:  jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24
New Revision:  42eb4aca5313c56c34987d9e70bd5199d69d44c7
   Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/42eb4aca5

Log:

Rewrite of CoreAudio driver.

While not everything is fixed yet, it is a step in the right direction.

-You can now select which device to use in the setup and not always have to use the default audio device.
-Fixes #5552.
-Properly set channel layout, under most circumstances, you shouldn't have to use Audio Midi Setup utilities

There are still bugs that I can't explain, probably due to my lack of deep knowledge of CoreAudio, and it certainly ain't behaving as it should. In particular, switching from AC3/DTS bitstream back to PCM will fail except if you have selected the default output device.
Until this is resolved, it is best to keep using the default output device.

  Cherry-pick: #267cada

Modified:

   mythtv/libs/libmyth/audiooutput.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmyth/audiooutputalsa.cpp