[mythtv-firehose] mythtv/master commit: 28a42f28e by Michael T. Dean (sphery)

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Tue Jul 26 23:52:42 UTC 2011

      Author:  Michael T. Dean <mdean at mythtv.org>
 Change Date:  2011-07-26T16:51:43-07:00
   Push Date:  2011/07/26 16:52:37 -0700
  Repository:  mythtv
      Branch:  master
New Revision:  28a42f28efaeda8e044db03672698dd6197ffc10
   Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/28a42f28e

Log:

Allow users to reset all keys to defaults.

This patch adds a menu item in MythControls (Utilities/Setup|Edit Keys)
to "Reset All Keys to Defaults".  The patch also adds a jump point,
"Reset All Keys," which does the same.

Note that the bindings for plugins will not be reset until the next time
mythfrontend is started, but they will continue to work as they were
previously mapped.  They will also not show in MythControls (nor the
database) until a frontend restart--when the plugins are re-init'ed.  I
didn't think this warranted a change to the plugin API nor unloading and
reloading all plugins just for the once-in-a-blue-moon "Reset All Keys".

The jump point was primarily to allow access to all the static functions
used in mythfrontend's main.cpp for key bindings initialization and jump
point callbacks from the MythControls code, but could actually be quite
useful if someone breaks "critical" key bindings like those which allow
navigating the menu to get to MythControls.  I did not define a default
mapping for the jump point, but with MythWeb's key bindings/jump point
mapping editor, users should be able to recover even if they didn't
assign a key before breaking bindings.

While I was in there, I renamed the ResetKeys() functions I had added in
anticipation of this patch to ReloadKeys() to better describe their
purpose.

Modified:

   mythtv/libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmythtv/tv_play.h
   mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.h
   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp
   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/mythcontrols.cpp
   mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup/main.cpp