[mythtv-firehose] mythtv/master commit: 595f8903c by Michael T. Dean (sphery)

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Thu Jul 7 20:16:35 UTC 2011

      Author:  Michael T. Dean <mdean at mythtv.org>
 Change Date:  2011-07-07T13:15:54-07:00
   Push Date:  2011/07/07 13:16:27 -0700
  Repository:  mythtv
      Branch:  master
New Revision:  595f8903c6c3ea9e9f53107a30b863cd6e4001ab
   Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/595f8903c

Log:

Improve check for whether to use OpenGL painter.

Move the code that decides whether to use the OpenGL painter to
MythRenderOpenGL, where it can check additional features.  Also, add a
check that causes fallback to the Qt painter when the OpenGL Renderer
contains the string "Software Rasterizer" even when the QGLFormat says
direct rendering is enabled, which was seen on a system using XFCE with
Compositor and X forwarding.

Any users who were previously overriding the OpenGL auto-detection
should try auto-detection again without overriding to see if we're now
properly detecting that OpenGL performance is not sufficient on their
systems.  And, users who still need to override the auto-detection after
this change can provide default-verbosity logs showing startup of
mythtv-setup or mythfrontend so we can attempt to detect other
indicators of bad hardware/driver combinations.

Thanks to hadack on IRC for providing the logs and testing required.

Modified:

   mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythrender_opengl.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythrender_opengl.h