[mythtv-firehose] mythtv/master commit: 17955f890 by Michael T. Dean (sphery)

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Sat Aug 27 23:04:24 UTC 2011

      Author:  Michael T. Dean <mdean at mythtv.org>
 Change Date:  2011-08-27T16:03:25-07:00
   Push Date:  2011/08/27 16:04:18 -0700
  Repository:  mythtv
      Branch:  master
New Revision:  17955f89085ba71105eeeccd7c84f88bc704a866
   Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/17955f890

Log:

Take advantage of prepared queries in mythfilldatabase.

Modifies some mythfilldatabase code to prepare queries only once (moved
the prepare calls outside of loops).  Since Qt4 now has true prepared
queries and we now properly re-prepare statements after a reconnect, we
should take advantage of the performance benefit of "reusing" the
already prepared query and just updating the data between executions.
(With old Qt, there was no difference between the 2 approaches, so we
often did the prepare calls inside loops.)

This should provide an observable improvement for everyone's runs (even
if not noticeable).  On my system, marking episode first/last showings
took approximately 3s each before the change and 1.5s each after, with
only 8406 showings (which is a small number compared to the number
expected for a MythTV user with a typical cable or satellite lineup).

And, while I was in there, I modified a log message to be a bit more
formal since it shows at default verbosity.

Modified:

   mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/main.cpp