<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>I think it is only with deinterlace. It may also happen with h264
      interlaced content. I do not have much h264 interlaced content to
      test with.<br>
    </p>
    <p>Peter<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 07/26/2018 02:28 PM, Aman Gupta
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAK=uwuyeZgxVopzO_0X20yEfyiUCk6XwooH3ABaxRDG7-G6=bQ@mail.gmail.com">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
      <div dir="ltr">Did some tests and it looks like it's mpeg2 issue
        only.
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>I forwarded your screenshot to my contact at Nvidia who has
          filed an issue with their media team.
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>Aman</div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr">On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 9:41 AM Aman Gupta <<a
            href="mailto:aman@tmm1.net" moz-do-not-send="true">aman@tmm1.net</a>>
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div>
            <div dir="auto">Is it happening with h264 too, or mpeg2
              only?</div>
            <div dir="auto"><br>
            </div>
            <div dir="auto">Aman</div>
            <br>
            <div class="gmail_quote">
              <div dir="ltr">On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 8:43 AM Aman Gupta
                <<a href="mailto:aman@tmm1.net" target="_blank"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">aman@tmm1.net</a>> wrote:<br>
              </div>
              <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
                .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                <div>
                  <div class="gmail_quote">
                    <div dir="ltr">On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 8:18 AM Peter
                      Bennett <<a href="mailto:pb.mythtv@gmail.com"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">pb.mythtv@gmail.com</a>>
                      wrote:<br>
                    </div>
                    <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
                      .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi
                      Aman<br>
                      <br>
                      When doing a skip forward in playback, we use
                      avcodec_flush_buffers and <br>
                      then start processing from a different part of the
                      file. We then receive <br>
                      a couple of frames from the new location and then
                      one which contains <br>
                      part of a frame from before the flush and part of
                      a new frame. There is <br>
                      a diagonal jagged line across the middle. Above
                      the jagged line is part <br>
                      of an image after the flush. Below the line is
                      part of an image before <br>
                      the flush. This produces a noticeable irritating
                      flash on the screen.<br>
                      <br>
                      In this case the second frame after the flush was
                      corrupted this way. It <br>
                      is not consistent, sometimes the third frame,
                      sometimes a later one. I <br>
                      tried to compensate by dropping some frames after
                      a flush but it is <br>
                      problematic because it is inconsistent.<br>
                      <br>
                      This link is a photograph of the screen when I
                      stopped it during playback.<br>
                      <a
href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxub9otpwuop3t9/IMG_20180709_173348703.jpg?dl=0"
                        rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxub9otpwuop3t9/IMG_20180709_173348703.jpg?dl=0</a><br>
                    </blockquote>
                    <div dir="auto"><br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <div class="gmail_quote">
                    <div dir="auto">I have seen this too. It started
                      when the shield updated to Oreo. I'm not sure
                      there's anything we can do about it besides
                      reporting to Nvidia.</div>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <div class="gmail_quote">
                    <div dir="auto"><br>
                    </div>
                    <div dir="auto">Aman</div>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <div class="gmail_quote">
                    <div dir="auto"><br>
                    </div>
                    <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
                      .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>
                      I have other pictures from before and after the
                      bad one if you need them.<br>
                      <br>
                      Peter<br>
                      <br>
                      <br>
                    </blockquote>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </blockquote>
            </div>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>