<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p><font size="-1"><font face="Verdana">I have experienced a lockup<font
            face="Verdana"> in 0.28<font face="Verdana"> which seems to
              be happening even more freq<font face="Verdana">uently now
                that I've upgraded to 29.1 (self-compiled). I have three
                types of tuner:<font face="Verdana"> <font
                    face="Verdana">an</font> HD-PVR, a HDHomerun (<font
                    face="Verdana">original</font>, dual-tuner), and a
                  Blackmagic DeckLink Mini card that is accessed as an
                  external recorder. This uses a modified version of
                  mythfilerecorder<font face="Verdana"> to run ffmpeg,
                    as documented here:</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></p>
    <p><font size="-1"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
              face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><a
                    class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                    href="https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13251"> 
                    https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13251</a><br>
                </font></font></font></font></font></font></p>
    <p><font size="-1"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
              face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
                    face="Verdana">I believe <font face="Verdana">the
                      lockup <font face="Verdana">begins to </font>happen
                      when<font face="Verdana"> a recording comple<font
                          face="Verdana">tes on the DeckLink.</font></font></font></font>
                  For some reason, the </font></font></font></font></font></font><font
        size="-1"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
              face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
                    size="-1"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
                          face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
                              face="Verdana">mythfilerecorder</font></font></font></font></font></font>
                  process <font face="Verdana">is not always told to
                    terminate; in some cases the backend seems to just
                    reuse this process to record subsequent programs.
                    But on other occasions, the next time an attempt is
                    made to use that <font face="Verdana">capture card</font>
                    th<font face="Verdana">ere is a lockup where the
                      backend still outputs occasional messages to the
                      log but its CPU us<font face="Verdana">age is
                        pegged at 100%, </font>it <font face="Verdana">no
                        longer respon<font face="Verdana">ds to any
                          requests from frontends, and it has to be
                          terminated with<font face="Verdana"> SIGKILL</font>.</font></font></font></font><br>
                </font></font></font></font></font></font></p>
    <p><font size="-1"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
              face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
                    face="Verdana">A <font face="Verdana">thread <font
                        face="Verdana">backtrace can be found here:</font><br>
                    </font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></p>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://pastebin.com/yhSHXuq5">https://pastebin.com/yhSHXuq5</a><br>
    <br>
    <font size="-1"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
            face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana"><font
                  face="Verdana"><font face="Verdana">Any suggest<font
                      face="Verdana">ions about what to try?</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font><br>
  </body>
</html>