<div dir="ltr">On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 8:55 PM David Engel <<a href="mailto:david@istwok.net">david@istwok.net</a>> wrote:<br><div class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Peter,<br>
<br>
Here are my initial observations using your 20180705 patch.<br>
<br></blockquote><div><snip> <br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
<br>
1080i played fairly well.  Video was slightly stuttery at 1x and more<br>
noticeably at all faster speeds up to and including 2x.  Skips were a<br>
little slower than hoped for but still okay.  The main problem with<br>
skips was there was almost always a brief flicker of what looked to be<br>
a misaligned frame.<br></blockquote><div><br></div><div>A little bit of a tangent...</div><div><br></div><div>My local CBS and FOX stations are now both on the same transport -- 13.1 (1080i) and 13.2 (720p).  In addition, they have added another SD channel at 13.3.  All jammed into 19 mbit.  The result is that the quality of those channels is pathetic to say the least.</div><div><br></div><div>When using VDPAU for decoding those mpeg2 stream, I now get lots of pixelization when watching CBS and some when watching FOX.  I have found that I can get rid of the pixelization if I use VDPAU for the renderer but Standard for the decoder.  ffmpeg seems to be much more tolerant of the errors than VDPAU.</div><div><br></div><div>When using the standard (ffmpeg) decoder, though, I do see "residue" frames being shown (flickering) when jumping to another position.  This does not happen when using VDPAU for decoding.  It sounds like this the same same thing that David is seeing on the Shield.  I figured I would relay this story just in case it helps to understand the issue.</div><div><br></div><div>John<br></div></div></div>