[mythtv] Recently MythTV says it needs to upgrade databases on every restart?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 20:26:09 UTC 2024

On Tuesday 26 March 2024 06:53:46 PM (-05:00), Kingsley Turner wrote:

 > G'day,
 >
 > Re: mythbackend version: fixes/33
[v33.0+fixes.20230210.026e506-0ubuntu0]
 > www.mythtv.org
 >
 > Just in the last few weeks, every time Mythfrontend restarts, it takes
ages,
 > then says it wants to upgrade the mythconverg database from 1001 to
1025.  I
 > always allow it to, and it mentions the backup, then proceeds normally.
 >
 > On the next restart, it does the same.
 >
 > Is the upgrade not working?
 >
 > Hmm, my MythTV version is looking a bit old.
 >
 > thanks,
 > -kt

Sounds like a very old issue with MusicDBSchemaVer. I recall that there was
a table missing so the DB update failed.

See if there's more information in the frontend log. Especially a line
containing:

     ALTER TABLE music_SOMETHINGHERE

Maybe someone will remember the solution.
--
Bill