[mythtv] Fwd: [MythTV/mythtv] Run failed: master - master (fe554d2)

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 11:58:23 UTC 2024

On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 9:22 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2024 at 1:51 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > macos:
> >

> macOS homebrew has recently been problematic.
>

> There is a proposed PR that once reviewed
> will address both of these issues, but for
> non-pushes, the PR needs a prereq to fix the
> CMake files (also opened as an issue with
> the proposed fixes).

Peter, I have an additional PR that disables ubuntu 20.04 and updates the
macOS/homebrew logic.

here https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/862

In the case of macOS, homebrew is in a transition to python312 as their
default.  In the process of migrating, the
supported python packages are in a bit of flux with many being removed from
the system.  I suspect this migration
will drag out for a number of months.  As such, in the proposal Gary
mentions, I've switched over to macports
to provide packages as my experience has been that macports packages are
less prone to churn.  An added benefit
to macports is that it is the same package management system used to build
the app bundles used by the mythtv
macOS community which will help me stay on top of macOS/macports related
issues as they arise.