[mythtv] web based setup - External Recorder

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 19:26:12 UTC 2023

On 9/28/23 17:01, John P Poet wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2023 at 12:27 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>     On 9/28/23 08:25, Peter Bennett wrote:
>     >
>     > On 9/27/23 22:50, John P Poet wrote:
>     >> Hi Peter,
>     >>
>     >> Should web setup channel scanning work with an External
>     Recorder? The
>     >> "Start Scan" button is greyed out.
>     >>
>     >> I am in the process of moving into a new house which is taking
>     all of
>     >> my time, but if that code has not been written yet, I will try to
>     >> allocate some time to work on it.
>     >>
>     >> Thanks,
>     >>
>     >> John
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     > Hi John
>     >
>     > If it works with mythtv-setup then it should work with web setup.
>     >
>     > I use external recorders but I never used channel scan with
>     them, so
>     > it never occurred to me that it was possible to do a channel scan.
>     >
>     > My external recorder gets channels using mythfilldatabase.
>     >
>     > Thanks for letting me know. I will take a look at it and see if
>     I can
>     > add it.
>     >
>     > Peter
>     >
>     Actually, it works. If you hit Save at the bottom of the screen, the
>     Start Scan button is enabled. Then you can start the scan and it
>     works.
>     There seems to be a bug in determining if changes have to be
>     saved. If
>     it thinks changes have to be saved it disables the start save button.
>     Also at the end of a successful scan of an external tuner it says
>     "Failed to find any new channels! ". That is a wrong message.
>
>     The action of selecting the scan type may be flagging the page as
>     dirty
>     and causing the button to be disabled.
>
>     I will make some changes. Maybe remove the check for unsaved
>     changes, or
>     automatically save before starting the scan, or prompt with a message
>     asking user to save. Also I will look at the incorrect message at
>     the end.
>
>     Peter
>

> Thank you Peter!
>
> John

Hi John

I have committed the fixes. You can try it again.

- Allow scanning to start even if page needs to be saved. The code will
   automatically save the page before the scan is started.
- Fix error message about dirty flag being changed after it was checked.

- Fix "Failed to find any new channels!" that displayed after an import
   even if it was successful.

Peter