[mythtv] Consideration of removing dblogging

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 01:00:12 UTC 2023

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 12:24 AM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> Is this about sending MythTV logs to the database and not about
> logging about database operations in MythTV?  If so, I have no issues
> with removing it either.

This is about logging *to* the database (the
"logging" table)  It could allow MythTV to
provide a centralized logging service, or
supplementing (or replacing) syslog, file, or
journald logging, and (as I recall) mythweb
could even display it if so configured.

It has been set to disabled (by default)
for a long time.

Interesting, logging of database operations
has special code to not log the database
operation if the operation is about writing
to the logging table.