[mythtv] News from Python managed by OS-Distributions

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 21:55:06 UTC 2023

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 8:43 PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst at gmail.com> wrote:

> This has an impact of a local make/install of the MythTV python bindings!
> The bindings may not be installed globally.

So, primarily developers and/or advanced users, and
generally not individuals using packages (where the
bindings may be installed globally as I interpret the
plan).

I guess the good news is that for the upcoming Debian 12
(Bookworm) the default python3 is 3.9, so there is time to
address this before Debian 13 (Trixie) which is expected
to be released on or about mid 2025 (although those
running Debian testing (Sid) already have python 3.11).

Does anyone know what other distro's schedules
are for global python install restrictions in upcoming
releases?