[mythtv] Errant Version.pm being added to perl install directory

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:23:06 UTC 2023

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 2:27 PM David Hampton via mythtv-dev
<mythtv-dev at mythtv.org> wrote:

> This should be fixed now.  I was able to build rpms using your scripts
> and install them on one of my production frontends.

Thanks.

Note that my scripts are not the same as the
build(s) for Fedora available in RPMFusion[0]
(from where I suspect most of the Fedora
users who don't do their own builds of MythTV
get their packages), although in this case the
same issues would have likely eventually been
encountered (those build processes also use
the perl generators, which is considered the
recommended practice).

[0] My scripts and spec files have a slightly
different approach to MythTV packaging
than the RPMFusion ones.