[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend mysql driver problems

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Sep 28 21:52:34 UTC 2022

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 05:34:03PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 9/28/22 17:15, David Engel wrote:
> > What problem?  I've rebuilt recently with no, new problems.  There are
> > some resume from sleep related problems but I've usually attributed
> > them to Nvidia Shield updates and not MythTV.
>
> The problems are:
>
> 1. The build required API level 29 but the fire stick only has 25. This
> would not affect the Shield. It was caused by the new QT which disallowed
> specification of the minimum version in the manifest. I fixed this locally
> by going back to api version 21 as we had used before.

I vaguely recall some NDK/SDK version issues but I thought they were
all resolved.

> 2. Rebuilding the libs, I was unable to build the mariadb-connector library
> due to an error in the cmake file ConnectorName.cmake . It has an END()
> command where it should have had ENDIF(). The build failed with error "CMake
> Error at cmake/ConnectorName.cmake:30 (ENDMACRO):   Flow control statements
> are not properly nested.". Changing it to ENDIF let the build complete that
> but I don't know what is really going on with this, whether the downloaded
> source has an error or whether some patch was applied incorrectly or if I am
> just misunderstanding the whole problem.

I thought that cmake issue was fixed too.  I know I ran into it too.
Perhaps I just patched it up locally and moved on to what I was trying
to do in the first place.

> 3. After fixing those, I built and installed mythfrontend (32bit version) on
> a fire stick 4K. Starting it up fails with the message
> "mythdbcon.cpp:84:MSqlDatabase  FATAL: Unable to load the QT QMYSQL driver,
> is it installed?". All I see is the splash screen for a few seconds then
> back to the android home page.

I haven't built for 32-bits in ages.

> It is possible that my fix for the mariadb connector was all wrong and
> caused the DB problem. Or maybe we need a different mariadb connector
> version. It is using version 2.3.7.
>
> Any suggestions?

Wait for Mark to wake up? :) Many of the machinations to build and run
on Android are still black magic to me.  Seriously, does increasing
the adb logging level shed any more light?

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net