[mythtv] Dependencies on external javascript for MythWeb

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:27:25 UTC 2022

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 9:15 AM Kingsley Turner <krt at krt.com.au> wrote:

> G'day,
>
> During an extended internet outage that thankfully has just finished, I
> came
> to realise that MythWeb depends on some external google javascript for
> basic
> functionality.
>
> Is the any will for removing this dependency?
>
> I'm happy to make the changes, but not if there's any resistance to it.
>
> cheers,
> -kt

Fortunately, you do not need to re-event the wheel.

You just need to download two files and place them on the
locations mentioned in the file
https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/blob/92f0f9bc6d15f6d6534e5d5e40bdddbb6f431254/modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php#L109

Then, you need to set the global setting `mythweb_use_cdn` to 0,
as described in
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3253&p=15747
and
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13191

Roland

P.S.: Please report a simple howto in order to make this repeatable for
other users.