[mythtv] HVEC frame counting broken

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 16:40:45 UTC 2022

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 10:33 AM Scott Theisen <scott.the.elm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 9/25/22 11:43, John P Poet wrote:
>

> Thank you Scott. I just uploaded a HEVC sample to dropbox. It should be
> shared with you.
>

> I have the sample.
>

> Without 7b2ac1eeb5, HEVCParser::parseSPS detects the
> sps_id: 0
> width, height: 1920x1088
> unitsInTick / timeScale: 166817 / 10000000
>
> With 7b2ac1eeb5, HEVCParser::parseSPS the spd_id, width and height are
> garbage and the unitsinTick / timeScale are never decoded --
> vps_extension_flag is zero.
>
> My best guess is that there is an alignment issue and the BitReader that
> is being passed into HEVCParser::parseSPS is not pointing at the correct
> position.
>

> OK, but how are you getting the code to execute on the sample?
> mythcommflag --rebuild something?  Adding to Videos and scanning for
> changes?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

I am using an ExternalRecorder (https://github.com/jpoet/Magewell2TS).
Using the mythfilerecorder ExternalRecorder that is packaged with Myth
should provide the same result. I am pretty sure that `mythcommflag
--rebuild` results in a different code path and I have not tried it.

If you have trouble setting up mythfilerecorder I will do that this
afternoon and then send you instructions.

John