[mythtv] HVEC frame counting broken

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 01:18:58 UTC 2022

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 7:02 PM John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 6:31 PM Scott Theisen <scott.the.elm at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> frame
>> indicates

>> damage,

>> > It's probably the very, recent, ffmpeg merge.
>> >
>> > While you're in there, though, would you mind looking into the
>> > long-standing issue with mythcommflag --rebuild not working on HEVC
>> > encoded files, or at least those encoded by HandBarke? :)
>>
>> A note on bisecting the recent FFmpeg merge:
>> a1868defe9c48c5ca53e1c5d26010a19ebd7db13..753a94ccb7a39ef66c6f8591e5784bf08a1b002e
>>
>> wont compile (inclusive..exclusive) fully because of how I split the
>> commits.
>>
>> My harmonization of libavcodec/mpegts-mythtv.c is also in the range you
>> gave.  While each commit compiles, I didn't test functionality of each
>> commit.  But, even if the container is an MPEG-TS, I would also suspect
>> the new version of FFmpeg.
>>
>> Could be related to (HEVC):
>> Playback of DVB recordings shows displayed time doubled · Issue #548 ·
>> MythTV/mythtv · GitHub
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/548
>> ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Scott
>>

> Thank you Scott.
>
> What is bizaar is that I went back to 39b850f1a9 and it was still
> doubling. I could have sworn that was the commit I was running before! I
> ended up jumping back and back and back until I randomly found 31ee7f9e64
> to work correctly. So, now I have to say the problem occured somewhere
> between 31ee7f9e64 and 3e802f9075. I will try and narrow it down tomorrow.

Okay, so I was running  39b850f1a9 on my production machine and 26b2e76ae
on my development machine. I had not noticed the issue on my dev machine.

The problem does seem to be between 31ee7f9e64 and 3e802f9075. Looking at
the commits in that range, 40fb3cd09d and db93047399 seem like
possibilities. My production machine is now recording stuff for the evening
so I will test more tomorrow.

John