[mythtv] HVEC frame counting broken

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 01:02:22 UTC 2022

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 6:31 PM Scott Theisen <scott.the.elm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 9/23/22 18:59, David Engel wrote:

> damage,
> >>>
> >> Sorry. Make that  26b2e76ae to 06da3119d5.
> > It's probably the very, recent, ffmpeg merge.
> >
> > While you're in there, though, would you mind looking into the
> > long-standing issue with mythcommflag --rebuild not working on HEVC
> > encoded files, or at least those encoded by HandBarke? :)
>
> A note on bisecting the recent FFmpeg merge:
> a1868defe9c48c5ca53e1c5d26010a19ebd7db13..753a94ccb7a39ef66c6f8591e5784bf08a1b002e
>
> wont compile (inclusive..exclusive) fully because of how I split the
> commits.
>
> My harmonization of libavcodec/mpegts-mythtv.c is also in the range you
> gave.  While each commit compiles, I didn't test functionality of each
> commit.  But, even if the container is an MPEG-TS, I would also suspect
> the new version of FFmpeg.
>
> Could be related to (HEVC):
> Playback of DVB recordings shows displayed time doubled · Issue #548 ·
> MythTV/mythtv · GitHub
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/548
> ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott

Thank you Scott.

What is bizaar is that I went back to 39b850f1a9 and it was still doubling.
I could have sworn that was the commit I was running before! I ended up
jumping back and back and back until I randomly found 31ee7f9e64 to work
correctly. So, now I have to say the problem occured somewhere between
31ee7f9e64 and 3e802f9075. I will try and narrow it down tomorrow.

John