[mythtv] Call for testing devel/ffmpeg-resync (FFmpeg 5.1) re PR#610

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 14:51:51 UTC 2022

On 08/09/2022 00:37, Scott Theisen wrote:
> On 9/7/22 17:43, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> John
>>>
>>> Have you tested PR #610 ? If it is working correctly I can merge it
>>> into master, fixes/32 and rebase devel/ffmpeg-resync so that it is
>>> included there as well.
>>>
>>> Peter
>>
>> Hi Peter:  The tests that I did were described in comments on issue
>> #548 on 19 July.  They didn't use the commit from the PR, but a bunch
>> of six patches received as attachments, which Scott later combined to
>> create the PR after seeing my logfile.  I haven't yet found the magic
>> to create an acceptable single git patch from the PR that I can use
>> for a new build of either master or devel/ffmpeg-resync.  Sorry.
>>
>> John
>
> Pull Request 610 https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/610 is only one
> commit.  I trimmed the extra logging that was for debugging only.  That
> one commit is functionally equivalent to the six patches from
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/548 .  It should apply cleanly
> to both master and devel/ffmpeg-resync.
>
> Scott

Google revealed that the patch would be at

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/610.patch

I applied that patch to devel/ffmpeg-resync and have rerun the tests
from 19 July.

New recordings from DVB-T BBC1 and DVB-T2 BBC1_HD still show their
correct durations.

A new recording from one of the channels in the 'local' DVB-T mux now
shows its correct duration.  A similar recording made with the unpatched
system still shows duration and frame-count both double their true values.

I think that for MPEG2 encoded recordings issue #548 is fixed.

John P