[mythtv] Call for testing devel/ffmpeg-resync (FFmpeg 5.1)

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 21:43:12 UTC 2022

On 07/09/2022 19:22, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 9/7/22 06:05, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> I still have that video on my test system. IIRC it used to pixellate
>>> in various places in the video before Klaas's patch. Using VDPAU.
>>> with the ffmpeg-resync version it plays perfectly. With the
>>> ffmpeg-resync version and the revert patch it pixellates badly for
>>> 2-3 seconds at the start of the video but not at any other place. So
>>> the problem may have partially been fixed in ffmpeg.
>>>
>>> Do you have a version of the revert patch for master so that I can
>>> apply it there as a comparison for how it used to be?
>>>
>>> Peterdevel/ffmpeg-resync
>>
>> Yes, Klaas' clip plays for me with no problems in ffmpeg-resync VDPAU
>> 676d7f5, although mythffprobe gives a couple of pages of complaints
>> before the analysis.
>>
>> And I don't want to distract from the main business of integrating
>> 5.1, but wonder if PR #610 has been overlooked?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> John P
>>
> John
>
> Have you tested PR #610 ? If it is working correctly I can merge it into
> master, fixes/32 and rebase devel/ffmpeg-resync so that it is included
> there as well.
>
> Peter

Hi Peter:  The tests that I did were described in comments on issue #548
on 19 July.  They didn't use the commit from the PR, but a bunch of six
patches received as attachments, which Scott later combined to create
the PR after seeing my logfile.  I haven't yet found the magic to create
an acceptable single git patch from the PR that I can use for a new
build of either master or devel/ffmpeg-resync.  Sorry.

John