[mythtv] Problem with 32-bit android version

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:51:33 UTC 2022

On 10/8/22 22:16, Mark Spieth wrote:
> I had to uninstall too.:)
>
> Which ndk, sdk, tools did you use last time.
> ?
> Set up a config with all of those settings.
>
> Yes very strange

I set up a new config file firetv-4k, as follows

export ANDROID_BUILD_TOOLS_REVISION=29.0.2
export ANDROID_NDK=$ANDROID_SDK_ROOT/ndk/21.0.6113669
export ANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL=21
export ANDROID_NDK_ROOT=$ANDROID_NDK
export TARGET_SDK_VERSION=$ANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL
export ANDROID_API_VERSION=android-$ANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL
export ANDROID_MIN_SDK_VERSION=21
export ARM64=0
export MODE=arm

Doing a make distclean, make libs, make apk gave me an apk that works on
the firetv-4k :) !!!

looking at the libs log, this time it did not find iconv built in. In
fact it failed to find iconv at all.

Performing Test Iconv_IS_BUILT_IN
Performing Test Iconv_IS_BUILT_IN - Failed
Could NOT find Iconv (missing: Iconv_LIBRARY)

It looks like it built exiv2 without iconv support. This is probably not
ideal.

Other things report iconv is missing (e.g. flac)

I don't understand what is going on with iconv.

I suppose I should try again with  ndk 21.0.6113669 and api version 25
to isolate the problem to either ndk or api version.

Peter