[mythtv] Play from last played position

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Mon May 30 01:17:30 UTC 2022

On 29/05/2022 8:46 pm, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:
>> This is all what I expected.
>>
>> I found my problem.
>>
>> It *is* mariadb. From 10.2.1 onwards there is a stricter check on the string used for datetime type for DELETE FROM only. The Z at the end of an ISO8601 is not allowed. Thus the old bookmark/lastplayedpos was not being deleted before the new one was injected.
>>
>> phpmyadmin with EXPLAIN pointed me in the correct direction. Strangely enough, SELECT, UPDATE, REPLACE all work ok with a Z suffix on the iso8601 string. The mariadb doco does indicate that trailing Z is not allowed but the DELETE FROM only behaviour is unexpected.
>>
>> I have made a PR for further testing as I'm not able to test with mysql. Merge when you think its ok and delete the feature branch.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Mark
> Mark,
>
> You may look https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/490
> Root cause is not in MariaDB - but in Qt5 i think....

You are correct. Similar fix. Different place.

However, given that it has not been merged yet in 5.15 (I checked the
latest 5.15.4), that would mean everyone has to build a new qt for their
dist. This includes ubuntu/debian. That is not really a viable option
for most.

I think it is prudent to put this workaround in until we move to qt6

The MariaDB doc says it was more tolerant of this and just dropped
everything after the Z before 10.2.1

It is good to know that mysql has the same issue so I feel comfortable
that this will fix every installation regardless of the qt version
installed.

Yes it is easy to patch the android build but this doesn't fix any
server issues on my linux system. Debian testing is still on
5.15.2-dsfg-16 which also doesnt have this fix.

Opinions...

Cheers

Mark