[mythtv] Services API : inputgroup

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu May 26 16:01:26 UTC 2022

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 07:22:42PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> Hi Peter, et al.,
>
> Is there a Services API endpoint for managing the inputgroup table? I
> didn't see one but figured I would ask before working on adding it.
>
> I have not been that active lately, so if there is a new and improved way
> of writing Services API stuff, please let me know. Otherwise, I will follow
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Services_API_Development_Guide

I'll defer to Peter, Stuart and Paul on the v2 API framework.  IMO,
though, the v1 API is severely lacking when it comes to tuners and
need not be kept as is in v2.

As for input groups, I don't see any reason to allow direct access to
the table per se through the API.  Instead, I think there should
probably only be services like AddCaptureCardToGroup and
RemoveCaptureCardFromGroup where the group is identified by name only.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net