[mythtv] Replace the QtWebKit code

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 08:15:04 UTC 2022

> Wiadomość napisana przez Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> w dniu 22.03.2022, o godz. 13:40:
>

> There is a more up to date patch on Issue #327
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/327
>

> Good luck compiling QtWebEngine I had the dream of making my own copy of LibreELEC with my QML frontend as the main interface and never got passed trying to compile QT with everything I needed.

@Paul
Many thanx for sharing you work.
State is good - in sense that brief tests shows:

	• what works in qtwebkit also works in qtwebengine
	• what not works in qtwebkit also no works in qtwebengine

@ALL
I think:

	• screen drawing issues described here are (imho) issue of mythtv as they are (in my case) very similar in: qtwebkit & qtwebengine
	• ultimately i think mythtv should have selectable what web engine is used: qtwebkit or qtwebengine
	• reason to have optional qtwebkit: it perfectly fit for small systems (i.e. in my case switch from qtwebkit to qtwebengine i.e. increases rootfs size by 30%).

If there will be agreement - i can rework Paul's patch (or maybe Paul is willing to do this) in a way that usage of web engine will be selectable at configure:

add option disabled by default:
--use-qtwebkit

-default will be QtWebEngine
-if --use-qtwebkit=yes then mytht will use QtWebKit

let me know what you think....

br