[mythtv] QT Slots Corruption Issue on Shield Tube

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 00:29:09 UTC 2022

On 3/13/22 19:30, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 3/13/22 01:01, Mark Spieth wrote:

>>> In that case I should be able to reproduce it on my shield 2017. Can
>>> you give me some detail on how I can most easily reproduce it, since
>>> I am not using mythfrontend on the shield for daily viewing. Is
>>> there any type of recording that is most likely to fail? How long
>>> before it fails after starting playback?
>>
>> I have updated android build top support 5.15.3 so please give it a try.
>>
>> The build succeeds for me and I get a 32bit apk with current mythtv
>> source which I can make available if anyone wants.
>>
>> I have not tried 64bit as yet but I would not expect any issues
>> there. It still supports 5.14.1 if needed. Might be nice if this
>> could be configured from buildrc. Next commit.
>>
>> Other minor changes are:
>>
>>     * fix libsoundtouch fetch to use original codeberg repo
>>     * auto discovery of latest installed ndk
>>     * move buildrc sourcing before paths are added
>>
>> I have also tried qt 6.2.3 but I am having trouble with qt configure
>> as the options have changed markedly, so I backed these changes out.
>> they will come as soon as I figure it out. This delayed me a bit as
>> 5.15.3 was easy.
>>
>> HTH and YMMV
>>
>> Mark
>>

>> _
>
> I did install the 32bit build with the current Qt version (5.14.1?) on
> the shield. Playing back a 1080i mpeg-2 video crashed after 5 minutes,
> so I am able to reproduce the bug.
>
> I will try building with the 5.15.3 Qt and see whether it fails.
>
> Peter

What theme are you using? For the above test I used the default
mythcenter wide theme, Then I tried installing steppes. With steppes,
mythfrontend crashes immediately after displaying the main menu, before
I have a chance to do anything. The error is

03-13 19:35:54.170  8169  8246 I scudo   : Scudo ERROR: invalid chunk
state when deallocating address 0x45409410
03-13 19:35:54.268  8169  8200 E mfe     :
signalhandling.cpp:297:handleSignal  Received Aborted: Code -1, PID
8169, UID 10115, Value 0x00000000

Scudo is part of android 11 and does memory checking.

So there seem to be other problems also.

Peter