[mythtv] Replace the QtWebKit code

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Sat Mar 12 07:47:56 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2022-03-11 at 09:22 -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:

> Does mythmusic use webkit?

It uses it solely to allow for lookup of artwork.

You might find https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/334 which allows
building mythmusic without that functionality useful. It has since been
reverted though,see discussion on
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/328.

IIRC from memory when I did #334 I couldn't actually get the artwork
lookup stuff to work in the before state anyway, but I could be
misremembering (or was using it wrongly).

Personally I don't use artwork lookup in mythmusic (I use a scanner...)
so my opinion is surely biased but FWIW IMHO if it is holding back the
transition from QtWebKit to QtWebEngine I don't think dropping the
feature would be a huge loss, but given there are other critical uses
of QtWekKit I don't know how useful it would actually be to skip the
mythmusic part, OTOH I'd much rather have mythmusic without that
feature than no mythmusic at all...

HTH
Ian.