[mythtv] QT Slots Corruption Issue on Shield Tube

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 22:42:42 UTC 2022

On 3/9/22 15:32, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:
>> Does anybody have any ideas how to proceed? I cannot recreate it myself as I do not have a Shield Tube. Also I do not understand how QT internal address lists could get corrupted.
> Peter,
>
> I see 2 strategies:
>
> 1. finding root cause then modify myth code to workaround issue(*)
> 2. workarround root cause
>
> So imho:
> 1.
> - rather difficult to find root cause (especially as issue it is in Qt code - not in Myth code. For me: waste of time)
> - we will end with dedicated myth packages for Shield Tube
> +no need to mangle with Shield Tube OS (Qt runtime)
>
> 2.
> +easy to find solution (**)
> +Shield will use generic (non-speciffic) myth package
> -need to install also Qt component on Shield Tube
>
> (*) - i assume root cause is not myth code but rather in particular build of Qt
>
> (**) - just build locally the same Qt ver and start to apply kde Qt patches (https://community.kde.org/Qt5PatchCollection).
> It is highly probable Qt bug has fix there....
> After that you can identify single Qt binary component needed to be replaced on target (Shield Tube).
> I don't know is Android installer able to replace component in android system dir.
> If not - then maybe playing with LD_PRELOAD will help?
>
> If this will not help (KDE patches are not fixing issue) - you may try compile 5.15.3 as t has 200+ bug fixes over 5.15.2.
> But this probably this will require full Qt binaries replacement on Shield....
>

> br

Thanks for the suggestions. We build qt ourselves and add it to the
package because android does not include qt packages. So adding patches
is easy. One problem is I do not have the shield tube system and it only
happens there, and only one user reported it. I can build patched
versions and send it to them for testing, if it is indeed a qt bug. It
could also be something in MythTV or other package overwriting the storage.

Peter