[mythtv] QT Slots Corruption Issue on Shield Tube

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:32:28 UTC 2022

> Does anybody have any ideas how to proceed? I cannot recreate it myself as I do not have a Shield Tube. Also I do not understand how QT internal address lists could get corrupted.

Peter,

I see 2 strategies:

1. finding root cause then modify myth code to workaround issue(*)
2. workarround root cause

So imho:
1.
- rather difficult to find root cause (especially as issue it is in Qt code - not in Myth code. For me: waste of time)
- we will end with dedicated myth packages for Shield Tube
+no need to mangle with Shield Tube OS (Qt runtime)

2.
+easy to find solution (**)
+Shield will use generic (non-speciffic) myth package
-need to install also Qt component on Shield Tube

(*) - i assume root cause is not myth code but rather in particular build of Qt

(**) - just build locally the same Qt ver and start to apply kde Qt patches (https://community.kde.org/Qt5PatchCollection).
It is highly probable Qt bug has fix there....
After that you can identify single Qt binary component needed to be replaced on target (Shield Tube).
I don't know is Android installer able to replace component in android system dir.
If not - then maybe playing with LD_PRELOAD will help?

If this will not help (KDE patches are not fixing issue) - you may try compile 5.15.3 as t has 200+ bug fixes over 5.15.2.
But this probably this will require full Qt binaries replacement on Shield....

br