[mythtv] QT Slots Corruption Issue on Shield Tube

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 16:07:01 UTC 2022

This is the bug report:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/368

This only happens on the user's Shield Tube, but has been happening for
eight months. During playback he crashes at random times.

The backtrace and debug prints he has supplied show that an address is
being corrupted in the Qt slot system. In the first parameter, the first
digit of the address is changed from 0xa to 0x2. It crashes in
moc_mythsocket.cpp while trying to build the parameter list for calling
MythSocket::ReadStringListReal or MythSocket::ReadReal. The call
originates in MythSocket::ReadStringList or MythSocket::Read which use
the slot mechanism to call the "Real" versions of those methods, which
may be in a different thread.

Does anybody have any ideas how to proceed? I cannot recreate it myself
as I do not have a Shield Tube. Also I do not understand how QT internal
address lists could get corrupted.

Peter