[mythtv] ffmpeg pull requests

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 13:45:18 UTC 2022

On 6/1/22 20:43, Scott Theisen wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I'm not sure how you want to do this because there were 331 commits in
> c67d2a287502845baadf986a9c63e6117a25be3f..7e0d640edf6c3eee1816b105c2f7498c4f948e74
> (base of MythTV/FFmpeg/master and base of MythTV/FFmpeg/release/4.4)
> so simply copying FFmpeg/master into MythTV creates a very large diff
> with lots of extraneous changes.
>
> Should I create a new PR against
> https://github.com/MythTV/FFmpeg/tree/release/4.4 that has my changes
> already in FFmpeg/master?
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott

What I have done up to now is maintain the ffmpeg history in
MythTV/FFmpeg, and copy it over into MythTV when moving to a new
version. This does create a large commit with a lot of extraneous
changes, and we live with that. The Actual history would be in
MythTV/FFmpeg.

At this point we should not be updating
https://github.com/MythTV/FFmpeg/tree/release/4.4. All updating should
be in  https://github.com/MythTV/FFmpeg/tree/master. Eventually we will
merge the real FFmpeg master into MythTV/FFmpeg/master, but only up to
the point where they branched off version 5. Then create our own version
5 from that point and merge in FFmpeg version 5 branch into our version
5 branch.

Peter